Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 3 with raw food

Yesterday was another successful raw day. I managed to eat less nuts. I made up for it by eating more fruit. I am nervous about eating too much fruit because of the sugar. This is why I don't think the "raw" food diet would work well for me. I either eat high sugar from more fruit or high fat from more nuts.
My digestion has been a little shaky. My body is trying to proses all this raw food and finding it a challenge. Yesterday I felt my stomach rumbling throughout the day. I have not had horrible cramps so I am not too concerned. It is good for my stomach to learn to digest more raw food.
I did look into protein yesterday. The raw food camp waved off any concern with protein levels being insufficient on a raw diet. They claim that when meat is cooked it destroys half the protein content so we are all eating less protein than we think anyway. I looked further into "raw food myths" and founds some great sights put up by ex %100 percent raw foodists. They went into detail about their experiences doing this diet long term. It seems a short term raw food diet has many health benefits. Long term it is too restrictive for health maintenance.
This weekend I am going to the beach with my husband and son so I will end my raw experiment tomorrow.

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEIN
Totals:1,0341246119

No comments:

Post a Comment