Saturday, June 5, 2010

Small changes make a big difference!

I received a comment on my recent post about the food I got rid of due to the unhealthy ingredients. At first it was hard to throw away all that food. It felt like throwing money in the garbage! But when I thought about it and talked it over with my husband we agreed that it was not worth a few bucks to put that junk in our bodies. With PCOS we ladies are already fighting against so much to keep our bodies healthy. Every little change adds up to a big difference! As we are learning more about healthful food options and what foods are going to further our health or hinder it, I encourage you to look though your kitchen as well. Get rid of the junk! If we want to get rid of the fat on our bodies we need to get rid of the junk in our kitchens. Don't even have it in the house to tempt you. If the list of ingredients is so long the print has to be invisible just to fit it on the box throw it out! However you may have some "healthy" high carb foods in the house as well. If you are trying to eat low carb you may want to give these to a friend or family member. A few months ago I brought two big bags of "carbs" to my friend's house. They are a family that is blessed with the ability to stay thin with an 80% carb diet. They were happy to take the food! So next time you feel a craving for some "junk" and find yourself raiding the larder as they say, all you will find are healthy foods.
Plant the seed of health and it will grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment