Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My energy levels seemed more steady throughout the day today. I had cravings for more almonds
after I ate lunch. Held off for a while but ended up going back to the nut jar. :) I ate too many nuts again today. I think my body is craving something more calorie dense than the raw fruits and veggies I have been eating. Nuts give me a stomach ache so I need to try harder to keep them down to only a oz or two a day. I poured the rest of the almond jar out for the squirrels to eat! hehe I kept the walnuts and will try to have about an oz or two a day for the omega 3 oils. (Almonds do not have omega 3 oil)
Now that my cold is finally better I went for a run this evening.( 2.5 miles in 27 minutes.) I'm happy with that for now.
I need to do more research on how many grams a day of protein is recommended. Eating raw I have not been able to get my protein above 25 grams a day.The raw food diet may work better for me long term if I substitute eggs, organic poultry and wild fish for protein.

Breakfast
Kiwi Fruit, 1 fruit without skin, medium461101Remove
Raspberries, 0.5 cup30701Remove
Strawberries, fresh, 6 small (1" dia)13300Remove
Kale, 1 cup, chopped36712Remove
Almond Breeze Almond Milk, Unsweetened Vanilla, 4 oz20121Remove


No comments:

Post a Comment