Monday, June 14, 2010

Small Change Challenge

After looking into the truth about MSG last week it lead me toward some study on the raw food diet. I feel many of the health benefits experienced by raw foodist may not be because the food they eat is raw but because of the cooked processed food they do not eat. Take those same raw fruits and veggies and lightly steam or sauté them on your own stove and I think you will still obtain nutritional benefit. Science proves vegetables contain certain nutrients that are unlocked for absorption by our bodies when lightly cooked. That being said I do agree that we should be eating more raw food than we do and I'm interested in learning more about the raw food diet. In fact I experimented with it this weekend and felt great! I ate more carbs than normal: strawberries, apples, oranges, grapefruit, carrots! I expected a weight gain from these treats. To my surprises I lost a pound! The raw food diet is also a great way to detox for a few days. A break from animal protein gives the kidneys a chance to rest and helps level the bodies PH. This brings me to our Small Change Challenge. Eat one raw fruit and at least one or two cups of raw vegetable each day this week. That is the small change. I am going to take it a step further and try to follow the raw food diet for one week. I want to experiment with how I feel and a little detox would be nice as well. This is not going to be a small change. Even for one week it will be a huge change. I am going to post daily what I eat and how I feel. A big plus to this diet will be avoiding MSG, Aspartame, dairy, grains and saturated fat without having to think about it.
Grow fast little tomato. I need to eat you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment