Monday, May 31, 2010

A Challenge for June

I used to believe that a "treat" day once a week was a nice idea. However I have found that one treat day turns into more cravings the next day and maybe a crash. Now I have two treat days to overcome. My weight loss is set back by three days at least. If I treated myself on Sunday it is Tuesday before I am back on track. Now I only have a few days left in the week to make progress. I don't want to spend the first half of the week making up for treats on Sunday. Anyone else seen this pattern when they have treat days? My challenge is to have no treat days this month. Rather than treat days I want to think of everything I eat as my treats. A big salad can be a treat. This is my new way of eating! I do not need "treat" days. I also want to be more steadfast in my food journaling. This should help hold me accountable!
Goals for my body this month are to reach 139 pounds, build more muscle and run three miles in half an hour. My food goals are to eat less than 120 grams of carbs each day, about 80 grams of lean protein, fill in the rest of my calories with healthy fats and take my vitamins every day.

This is why I am glad it is June!!

View from my kitchen window this winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment