Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm Back!

My friends I am back. I had a hysteroscopy a few weeks ago and went through a time of discouragement. My doctor did not find a forbid in my uterus which was good news but he wants me to start taking birth control, Metformin and Phentermine! Since my partial molar pregnancy this past winter I have not had a regular period. He feels the birth control would help with this. I told him that my PCOS was treated with birth control when I was 18 and in four months I gained 50 pounds! This is why he suggested Phentermine, so I would not be afraid of gaining weight but would be sure to lose ten pounds! I am so tempted to take the weight loss pill but I can not do that to my body. I know I can maintain my weight with healthy living. And I believe I can restore a regular cycle with healthy living as well. So I am back to share with you my journey to fertility. :)
The past few weeks I have been playing around with different diet plans. As you can see from old posts I experimented with raw food for a week and after that a higher protein diet. As much as the high protein healthy fats diet makes sense I see more weight lose with a lower protein diet. Right now I am eating mostly raw veggies and fruit with olive oil for my healthy fat and a little cooked animal protein. I am holding around 140 to 145 with this way of eating and maintaining sufficient energy. As much as I would love to get down to 130, right now I would like even more to get pregnant and losing vanity pounds wont help with that. I plan to maintain and support ovulation with my diet exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment